In fact. , in view of the opening of the borders of Greece, the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection, Nikos Hardalias and the Secretary General of Civil Protection Vassilis Papageorgiou have already started “autopsies” in regional airports in order to coordinate all procedures for their safe operation, in cooperation with the places competent authorities.
Tourists fill out a relevant form
All passengers on international flights to our country, from Saturday 27 June to Monday 31 August, must complete the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 48 hours before checking in, providing information on departure airport, their place of residence, the time of their stay in Greece as well as the other details, as they are determined by the relevant form. The Passenger Tracking Form (PLF) is a key element in the design of our country and aims to protect citizens and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sample tests on tourists
At the airports there will be health teams with members of the Armed Forces, under the supervision of the Ministry of Civil Protection, with the assistance of the Fire Brigade and ELAS, as well as the cooperation of GEETHA for the tests, which will be sampled at passengers from flights abroad. Those who come out positive about the corona will stay for 14 days in quarantine hotels in the county capitals.
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection (GGPP) has already issued 9 Directives on coronary self-defense measures, with the central message: “Enjoy Your Stay – Stay Safe”, “Enjoy your stay and stay safe”. The campaign, which was carried out in collaboration with EODY, the CAA, Fraport and Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”, is available to the public in three languages, English, French, German.
In the guidelines, the GSP emphasizes that tourists should:
- Use hand antiseptic often
- Wear a mask
- Wash their hands regularly and thoroughly
- Avoid catching their mouth, nose or eyes
- Dispose of used masks and gloves in a safe way in trash cans
- When they cough, do so either on the inside of their hand or on a tissue
- Maintain safety distances
- Prefer contactless transactions
- Avoid elevators
The basic rules for passengers traveling to and from destinations abroad and at all airports are:
- Admission to the airport building is only allowed for travelers who are airline ticket holders, except for specific exceptions (minor escort, disabled escort). – Protective dividers have been installed at public service points.
- The use of a mask is mandatory – from the moment you enter the airport – while all entrants must wear it during their stay at the airport. Passengers may be required to remove it during the security and ID check process. The use of a mask is also mandatory both during the boarding process and during the flight, while it is recommended to change it every 4 hours.
- Workers are provided with all personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, antiseptic liquid) which they use throughout their work.
- The observance of distances (1.5 meters) should be applied at all stages of the procedures at the airport. Special ground markings, visual instructions on screens and banners will make it easier to maintain distances while regular sound updates will also be made via screens, announcements and markings.
- Facilities, machinery, equipment and frequent contact surfaces in airport areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected with special materials while airport staff will provide information and supervise the observance of the rules by passengers.
- There are antiseptics available at airports as well as at sanitary facilities for use by passengers as well as at all stages of the travel process departure, arrival. Plastic trays where passengers place their clothes and objects during the process of entering the gates are disinfected per passenger before being reused.
- The use of available electronic applications and services is encouraged, both before departure for the airport (web check-in) and within the airport (web check-in, self-check in, baggage tag printing, drop off baggage process, eparking).
- Distances must be kept at airport checkpoints and there are already signs for mandatory vacancies. This will not apply to families and couples. Also, at some airports, where possible, pedestrian crossings will be made from / to the aircraft.
Finally, in terms of flight conditions and other details, passengers should get information from the airlines with which they travel. The companies will be informed about the rules that apply to their destination.
Source – iefimerida.gr
The post Tourism opens: How to travel by plane – Sample tests, the 9 Civil Protection instructions appeared first on The Kefalonia Pulse.