Asked if there are on the table the enforcement measures in the entertainment centers, the resumption of sms for the vulnerable groups and local lockdown, Mr. Petsas said we are always ready to take any measure needed to deal with the coronavirus. But first we evaluate the existing measures and then we will see if we will need to take other measures.
With reference to the main conclusions drawn from the course so far regarding the coronavirus, the government spokesman, Stelios Petsas, began the briefing of the political authors.
As Mr. Petsas noted, “first, Greece has a better epidemiological picture than most other countries. Secondly, Greece managed to control the cases imported by tourists with the measures it successively took at the country’s gates. The enemy in the fight against the pandemic remains the complacency inside and the relaxation phenomena that feed the coronavirus. Fourth, complacency has led to an increase in cases in many regions of the country, but mainly in urban centers. Fifth, the increase in cases has not so far led to significant pressure on the health system. ”
Indicatively, he said that “the patients in the ICU were 13 yesterday, August 2, compared to 11 on July 2, 17 on June 2, 44 on May 2 and 81 on April 2, 2020”.
For the coronavirus: The measures that have been taken and the news that have been decided
Regarding the coronavirus, Mr. Petsas said that from the data of recent weeks some basic conclusions are drawn:
1. Greece has a much better epidemiological picture than most other countries.
2. Greece managed to control the “imported cases” of tourists with the measures it successively took at the country’s gates.
3. The enemy in the fight against the pandemic remains the complacency inside and the relaxation phenomena that feed the coronavirus.
4. The complacency led to an increase in cases in many regions of the country, but mainly in urban centers.
5. The increase in cases has not led, so far, to significant pressure on the health system. Indicatively, the patients in the Intensive Care Units were 13, yesterday, August 2, compared to 11 on July 2, 17 on June 2, 44 on May 2 and 81 on April 2. The intubated were 12, yesterday 2 August, compared to 8 on 2 July, 11 on 2 June, 37 on 2 May and 92 on 2 April.
6. The main source of concern for greater dispersion in the community are the land gates through which Greeks enter, with a residence permit, and expatriates, as well as the coexistence in social events, entertainment and means of transport.
In the face of this situation, the Government is ringing the alarm bell.
It calls on all citizens to follow the instructions of the experts and to comply with the measures to limit the spread.
At the same time, it is constantly taking new measures and countermeasures.
Already, since last Friday, it was deemed necessary – after consultation with the committee of experts – to take additional measures.
- Mandatory use of the mask until the end of August, in all indoor areas, including places of worship, with the exception of dining areas.
- The suspension of visits to care centers for the elderly (such as nursing homes), structures of vulnerable groups (such as the homeless and refugees) and hospitals.
- Establishing a limit of 100 people at weddings, baptisms and funerals. in compliance with all existing health rules.
- The ban from today until Sunday, August 9, of standing customers in all nightclubs.
- The extension of the ban, until August 31, of festivals and other public open events, the measures of keeping distances on beaches, the protection measures on professional tourist ships. the protection measures in the KYT and the measures of keeping distance.
- And finally,The extension until 15 August of the suspension of air and sea connections with Turkey, Albania and Northern Macedonia, the obligation for a negative molecular test (PCR) of 72 hours for those arriving by air from Bulgaria, Romania and the United Arab Emirates, the United Arab Emirates and the United Arab Emirates. measures applied at the land borders of the country.
However, we make sure that the measures are accompanied by countermeasures. For example, the ban on standing customers in all nightclubs from 3 to 9 August 2020 was accompanied by the extension of the possibility of suspending the employment contracts of employees in companies in the fields of catering, culture and sports from 1 to 31 August 2020.
Thus, at a time when coronavirus reduction measures are reducing business turnover, we undertake to support workers in sectors of the economy that are affected. Because we care about the world of work. And why can we, having made the previous period prudent use of the State Fund to meet the current needs.
Teleconferencing for coronavirus three times a week
As of today, the teleconference for COVID-19 with the heads of health and civil protection, under the Prime Minister, starts on a regular basis, 3 times a week. These meetings will be held to record developments, evaluate the data and adjust our action to deal with the pandemic accordingly.
The new measures decided at today’s meeting:
- The use of a mask becomes mandatory outside the ships from tomorrow until August 18, 2020. Compliance with this measure is crucial, in order not to take more drastic measures to limit the fullness of ships.
As in the beginning, so now, all together, households, businesses and the State will work together to reduce the adverse effects of the pandemic in a fair way.
And because it is important to constantly monitor compliance with the measures already taken, inspections are continuing at an intensive pace.
What the tests have shown
From 31 July to 2 August 2020, the National Transparency Authority, the Inter-Service Market Control Unit (DIMEA) of the Ministry of Development and Investment, the Coast Guard, the Greek Police and the Municipal Police, conducted inspections in the whole country.
A total of 6610 points of interest were checked, violations were found in 434 cases, 494 fines were imposed, totaling 231,500 euros and administrative sanctions of suspension of operation for a total of 195 days.
The increase, especially in administrative fines, is very large compared to previous weekends. And it certifies the relaxation that we all see around us.
But, as we have said many times, if we relax we will pay for it!
The main points of the information
- Greece managed to control coronavirus cases from tourism.
- The biggest enemy is complacency inside.
- Threat, land-based gates and entertainment for public transport as well.
- The ban on standing in bars was combined with the extension of support for suspended workers, because the government cares about workers
- It was decided to use the mask outdoors on ships until August 18
The plan that Greece will submit to the Commission for the Recovery Fund, will concern:
- green growth
- digital policy
- employment-skills-social cohesion infrastructure & productive transformation for investment
- The hardest thing is to be in an ICU. We are always ready to take every measure to protect human life. It is important to capture the results of the measures we took last week
- There is no withdrawal from the forefront of Mr. Tsiodras. Participates regularly in meetings.
- We are not in conflict with the experts for increasing the fullness of the ships. It is important that the measures we have taken are implemented. Unmasked crowding was observed outside the ships, so its use is expanding.
- If we see pressure on the national health system (mainly in ICUs & intubated), then we will discuss other scenarios
- The scenario of restoring the information by Sotiris Tsiodras is not examined
The post Mandatory use of the mask on the outside of the ships – Other measures will be taken if necessary statement from government spokesman appeared first on The Kefalonia Pulse.